Carris Health Medical Records

Release of Health Information

Protecting your health information is important to us. Our Health Information Management (HIM) team maintains patients’ health records. They also handle vital statistics and records and process requests for the release of health information.

If you need to request of a copy of your medical records, please contact us according to the correct entities below.

Carris Health Clinics (Litchfield, New London, Redwood Falls, Willmar):
Health Information Service, Carris Health Clinics 320-231-5011

Carris Health – Redwood Hospital
To request a copy of your medical records, please contact 507-637-4500 and ask for the Health Information Manager.

Carris Health – Rice Memorial Hospital

Fax the completed form, along with a copy of your Driver’s License or other photo ID, to 320-231-4833 or mail to: Attention: HIS – Release of Information, Carris Health – Rice Memorial Hospital, 301 Becker Ave SW, Willmar, MN 56201.

If you have questions on the authorization process for Rice Memorial Hospital, please call Health Information Services at 320-231-4271 between the hours of 7:00 am and 4:00 pm.

Frequently asked questions

In what format can I obtain my records?
You can choose to obtain your records via your MyChart account, on a CD, USB or by mail or picking them up in person.

Is there a charge for a copy of my medical records?
A patient’s first request for one year of medical records for their own personal use is free. There may be a charge for other types of records.

Who can pick up my records?
If you send your spouse, significant other, child, in-law, friend or neighbor to pick up copies of your health information, we will need a completed authorization form signed by you indicating written permission for this person to pick up copies of your health information. The individual picking up your health information should also have a photo ID so we can verify their identity.

How can I obtain copies of my child’s medical records?
Proxy access to your child’s medical records can be established through the MyChart patient portal. For assistance contact the MyChart Help Desk at 320-240-7897 between 8:00 am-4:30 pm, Monday-Friday.

Can I obtain copies of my spouse’s medical record?
You can only obtain a copy with the patient’s signed authorization.

How do I obtain a copy of my birth certificate?
In Minnesota you can call any County Recorder’s Office Vital Records Division to obtain a copy of your birth certificate, or contact the Minnesota Department of Health